Monday, June 14, 2010

Flying Again

Well, here it is...
My first airplane

This is the first airplane I ever built. I built it back around 1983 or 1984. The engine that is on it is also one of the original engines that I flew it with. I actually sold this engine at one point, and I was so nostalgic about it, that I bought it back. The guy was very understanding about it, and he had a rather large engine collection, so he was happy to oblige.

And I'm happy to have it back. I fired up the engine over the weekend, and it ran beautifully! If I had a place to fly at the time, I would have flown that day. Although, my batteries are very old, and they're not looking too good on the conditioner, so it looks like I have to buy some new ones.

But other than that, this airplane is ready to fly again. I'm ready to fire this baby up! (That comment goes out to the Hobby Hut crew)

Hopefully, I'll even get some video of the flight(s) this weekend. I'm also happy because I found out about another flying club that allows night flying. Woo hoo! AND...they also do float flying...AND I have a float kit that I never opened (until last night) that has been sitting on my shelf for probably ten years. SO...one of these days, I'm going to do some night flying off the lake!

I can't wait!

In the meantime, enjoy this video shot recently by a friend of mine:

2 Comments:

  • At 18/6/10 12:30 PM, Blogger Jude said…

    Wow! So was this yours, and someone else's that you hit?

    I really like the view from up there, but if I was actually attached to the camera I think I'd have motion sickness bad, LOL!

     
  • At 18/6/10 3:26 PM, Blogger Bill said…

    No, that was a friend of mine in Bakersfield. He was flying his brother's plane (the camera plane) and smacked into his son's plane. It was a family affair. The camera plane had absolutely no damage (not even a broken propeller), but the red plane was completely destroyed.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home