Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Whose Web is it Anyway?

If you're anything like me, the following picture will make you cringe. I apologize in advance, though will not accept liability for any unexpected reaction you might have.



That's what I see outside my window right now. I suppose this spider is just hanging out for the Holidays. I like Halloween and all, but, really, it could have chosen somebody else's window to hang out on! At least it is outside. But it's still kinda creepy. It's the first thing I see when I turn to gaze out the window. Usually, it is the only thing I see, 'cause I can't seem to take my eyes off of it. If the thing was any larger, it would be a tarantula.

Do you think it's friendly?

If you're anything like me, you don't care - you just want it to go away. But since you're not me, I bet you're really glad that it's not in your window.

Lucky you.

3 Comments:

  • At 12/10/05 7:20 PM, Blogger Tracey said…

    It's an orb weaver Bill. They're totally friendly, usually avoid people like the plague, and are excellent hunters of the other critters! They can get VERY big.

    I can't stand spiders at all. Nasty little buggers. But if I see one of these outside and it's not in any of my usual pathways....I leave it be.

    Interresting side note...orb weavers have the strongest web in the spider world and hummingbirds use it to build their nests.

     
  • At 13/10/05 7:46 AM, Blogger Tracey said…

    Hey! I'm still waiting for the bomb story Bill! :-P

     
  • At 13/10/05 10:26 AM, Blogger Bill said…

    It's coming! Tick...tick...tick...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home