Saturday, December 10, 2005

Some Pictures. Maybe?

Well, I discovered Flickr, but it seems to be in need of some serious UI engineering. I don't know if this will work (since I'm not sure HOW this works, yet), but I tried to put some pictures up from my recent trip to Tucson. There aren't many pictures, because we didn't take many pictures. But Flickr is kind of confusing and tends to put pictures in some kind of random or reverse order, depending on what you click on. I'm not even sure anyone but me can get to the photos...but give it a try and let me know.

Here is the link.

Speaking of pictures, we cleaned out some things and discovered a couple of unidentified rolls of film and decided to have them developed (yes - real film!). I suspect one roll of film came from our old house in Tucson that we sold back in early 2000. We had lived there for three or four years, so that tells you how old this film must be, since we think it was left over from the people we bought the house from.

Well, most of the photos appeared to be from around the desert, though we could not really identify where. But there were a couple of photos of a naked man - someone we don't know - in what looked to be a bit like our old bedroom (we recognized the ugly carpet). It was funny, because my wife opened the pictures and was the first to see them. She pulled them out and quickly put them back in the envelope and tried to hide them, telling me I couldn't see them. She was afraid they were old pictures that she took years ago, even though she didn't recognize the man.

Hmmm...

But then she looked again and looked at the rest of the pictures and then I got to see them (oh joy) and we surmised that the film must have belonged to the previous owners of our house in Tucson.

But how weird to develop someone else's film. We felt both a little violated, somehow, or that we had violated these people. I'm just not used to messing with other people's stuff.

And perhaps it is a word of wisdom to others as well: don't mess with my stuff - it might make you squirm!

10 Comments:

  • At 10/12/05 8:12 PM, Blogger Jude said…

    BILL!! Hey now I've "seen" ya! LOL Yes, the picture link works very well. I love your mom's colourful backyard and all the fruit trees! Great stuff.

    Mind if I ask you a techy question? Kate, like you, uses blogger comments. When she's posting comments in our blogs (those of us who use haloscan), her URL and email aren't showing up. I thought maybe it was because she doesn't use haloscan too, but I was wrong, because your URL shows up in my comments and so do other people's, who like you, don't use haloscan. I'm trying to help Kate figure out how to fix it so her URL shows up in my comments window. Any suggestions? Is it some setting in blogger that she needs to fix?

    Thanks Bill, appreciate the help if you can! :)

     
  • At 11/12/05 2:34 AM, Blogger Bill said…

    Is she entering the information in the URL and email fields? Do you know what browser she is using? I only had to enter my URL the first time I posted, and now it auto-fills those fields whenever I post, but I don't know if that is a function of haloscan or the browser. But if you don't enter the info into the fields, it won't show up in the comment.

     
  • At 11/12/05 7:48 AM, Blogger Melanie said…

    Great pics Bill. It's nice to put a face to the name, LOL!

     
  • At 11/12/05 7:49 AM, Blogger Melanie said…

    Almost forgot, weird to get pictures developed only to find out they weren't yours. And naked ones at that! Geesh.

     
  • At 11/12/05 9:21 AM, Blogger Tracey said…

    Pictures! Yay!

    Now the ones of the naked guy you don't know....that would be too weird! *shudders*

    Thanks for sharing!

     
  • At 11/12/05 9:47 AM, Blogger Jude said…

    Thanks Bill, yes she apparently typed it all in once but it's not doing it automatically for her. I'm not sure what browser she's using either. Maybe I should have her talk to you!

    Thanks!!

     
  • At 11/12/05 8:54 PM, Blogger Jenny said…

    You used to live in Tucson? Heck what is going on!?!? Orion used to live in Tucson, who else used to live in Tucson? I'm not even going to comment on the pics lol

     
  • At 11/12/05 8:57 PM, Blogger Jenny said…

    Oh yeah, and I like your backyard, very colorful

     
  • At 12/12/05 12:19 AM, Blogger Bill said…

    That's where I met Orion. It is a bit unusual to come from Tucson, as it seems most people living there are from somewhere else.

     
  • At 12/12/05 5:18 AM, Blogger Jenny said…

    interesting, because I live in Tucson, sheesh it's like once I move in everyone else moves out, or away. What did you guys know I was coming? Yeah well, Tucson is still fairly new.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home