Thursday, December 01, 2005

That Time of the Month

It seems there is this tradition among bloggers to share and/or promote their favorite blogs in order to help increase traffic to their favorite blogs. I would like to think that my recommendations would generate some sizable blog traffic jams, but I am afraid my circle of blogs is quite small, and most everyone reading this blog already visits the blogs I visit. That is, unless there are some lurkers out there who never post comments to my entries.

Nevertheless, since my blog (yes, this one!) was mentioned on two other blogs this morning, today I will partake in this tradition, otherwise known as "Linky Love". I'm not sure who coined the term, but I think of it more like a monthy Blog Appreciation Day. I'm no Sir Linkalot, but here is a short list of the blogs that I frequent. I apologize if these links simply take you back to where you came from to find this blog, but that's what happens in small circles.

Let's start with Orion. Orion's blog began as a forum to post tales of horror regarding [common?] experiences involving fast food establishments. However, its scope has been widened considerably since he provided posting privileges to many of his frequent visitors - mostly women. Somehow, I unwittingly requested (and was granted) the same posting privileges, although I have not taken much advantage of the privilege. I have known Orion for many years. I met him at the hospital where I used to work in Tucson, Arizona, and worked with him for several years, and even made a cable TV show with him and some other friends of his - a show that won several awards. Orion is a very interesting character. He can be your best friend if you treat him with respect, and your worst enemy if you do him wrong -- the type of guy you want to have in your corner. His blog is always quite entertaining.

The remaining characters on my list are all people I met through Orion's blog. They are at least some of the women who have access to post on Orion's blog.

First, there is Jude. Jude is in Canada and it was on her blog that I saw a picture of some snow shovels. I've never actually seen one before. I don't like the snow and avoid it like Polio (although there is no vaccine for snow). Anyway, Jude is a Def Leppard fan, and it is always quite fun to read about the adventures of RatHo on her blog. Definitely worth a visit.

Next is Tracey. I'm not sure where she lives, but apparently there are some nice Maple trees and horses nearby, which seems to be great surroundings for meditation. Apparently, she likes Jim Croce's music, and she can be found leaving comments on various other blogs that she frequents, usually with something pleasant to say if she's not planning a scheme with the other women to post something on Orion's blog.

Then there is Melanie, otherwise known as "Hazmel", from North Carolina. She is a devout Def Leppard fan, and apparently enjoys football as well - two subjects I'll probably get slapped around for saying I know nothing about. Mel's blog is always enjoyable to visit, since there is often a good joke (or two or three or more) worth reading - always good to start the day with a good laugh.

So, there you have it. I don't have a lot of time to visit a lot of blogs, but when I do go surfing, I try to make it a point to at least hop on over to those four blogs. If you haven't discovered them, yet, I hope you pay them a visit and tell them Boobie Chuckleboob, -er-, Bill, sent you!

2 Comments:

  • At 1/12/05 2:46 PM, Blogger Jude said…

    "Sir Linkalot" ROTFLMAO!!

    Bill you crack me up and a big ol' belly laugh is always a good thing!
    Thanks for the linky love!!

    I'll have to go say howdy to the other folks you linked..... have a great day!

     
  • At 2/12/05 4:12 AM, Blogger Tracey said…

    Thanks for the props Bill! You always put a smile on my face! :)

    And, for the record, i'm in N.C. too.

    *hugs*

     

Post a Comment

<< Home