Sunday, March 26, 2006

Disgusting Sounds

Ewww, gross!  Go ahead - say it - I won't hear you!I hope you have eaten already and your food is settled, as I am certain this image may be disturbing to some. I decided I couldn't stand not knowing what my ear looked like, so I decided to take a picture. This is what a persistent ear infection looks like after three months, even after treating it almost constantly. I gave up on it a couple days ago, and it actually is starting to feel better. Either that, or all the nerves are gone and I just can't feel anything anymore.

This photo actually makes it look worse than it is. In fact, it looks like a raging, angry, horrible, burning, festering, gaping wound (sans maggots), when in real life, true color and in-person clarity, it is really brown, not red. It is just a clump of accumulated crap (fungus, fluids, medicine, skin, ear wax - whatever that is - just on its way to being expelled. Its disgusting to touch, so I do my best not to. I just can't wait to get in to see the doctor again to get it all cleaned out. I'm just hoping my skin is healing up underneath (it actually feels tons better than before) and I'm concerned about irritating the skin again by another cleaning, which can anger the fungus, and I don't want that to happen. But I want the crud removed SO I CAN HEAR, DAMMIT!

Anyway, sorry if I caused anyone to lose their lunch (or breakfast or dinner or late night snack as the case may be). It's really not as bad as it looks.

I hope.

Take a closer lookUPDATE: I was playing around with taking pictures through a magnifying glass, and decided I would try it on my ear to see if I could get a closer look. It worked pretty well...as you can see. Not that you want to, perhaps.

2 Comments:

  • At 26/3/06 5:01 AM, Blogger Tracey said…

    Oh OUCH! Oh wow Bill that looks horribly sore. :( I'm glad it's starting to feel better though.

    And since i've not had breakfast yet, no worries on lost meals ;)

     
  • At 27/3/06 10:46 PM, Blogger Bill said…

    LOL! That's an interesting way to put it. It's funny that my ear has been getting better since I stopped treating it. Perhaps I should have done that from the beginning...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home