Saturday, May 17, 2008

Remember the Cube

Remember the Rubik's cube? I used to be able to solve it pretty quickly, though not as fast as the master speed solvers (I think my best time was somewhere in the 30-second range). Now I can't even remember how I did it. I solved the 4x4x4 cube without a tutorial, but I just found mine in a box the other day, and I have spent a few hours with it, cheating off the web, and I can't figure the damn thing out.

My brain is shot. Neurons are missing. Memories are gone.

Apparently, the cube is still going strong. There are plans for releasing an 11x11x11 cube this year! Anyway, I doubt I'll be getting one.

But check this guy out - just one example of someone who can do it well:

4 Comments:

  • At 19/5/08 6:52 PM, Blogger Jude said…

    Kudos to you for being able to do it anytime Bill, I never could figure those darn things out!

    Did you get Orion's email? We're starting a new co-blog for photographs. :-)

    Hope everything is going a bit better for you!

     
  • At 20/5/08 6:39 AM, Blogger Tracey said…

    I had one, could NOT figure the stupid thing out! Kudos to you for being able to do it at all!

     
  • At 20/5/08 6:43 PM, Blogger Bill said…

    Well, I didn't exactly figure it out on my own - I studied a few of the techniques for solving it and then twisted my mind around it enough to see how fast I could do it. The real challenge is in actually figuring out how to solve it (without cheating)...which is what I am trying to do now, since I can't remember the moves. ;)

     
  • At 20/5/08 6:45 PM, Blogger Bill said…

    By the way, I have a bit of an email void at the moment, and much of my email is going to the great bit bucket in the ether. So, I probably missed an email about a photo co-blog. Sounds good! Where do I find it?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home