Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Battle Bots is Back

ESPN is engaging in a contract with BattleBots, so the sport may be revived at last! They are spicing things up a bit, and the next event is tentatively scheduled to take place in November. I have a new robot design in mind - something guaranteed to shake things up in the arena. I'm going to call it Double Whammy. Look for it in future blog postings. I will be putting a team together up near my new home. Maybe I'll even get on cable television!

I also vowed to resume the Questor project before August, since August will mark two years since the project began, and I refuse to let it sit idle for that long.

I am also making moves to change my career, so I will be studying hard and working in between. Anything to get out of computers!! I just haven't decided where I am going to get my training, yet.

I'm nothing if I'm not busy, I guess. Speaking of which, I'm moving this weekend. UGH!

4 Comments:

  • At 24/4/08 5:42 AM, Blogger Tracey said…

    I loved Battle Bots! Hubby and I used to watch it whenever we could and marvel at the various machines. How cool would it be to watch it again and be able to cheer YOU on!

    Good luck moving (We've moved so much I actually have a huge, permanent hate=on for boxes!).

    Career change huh? You'll have to let us know how that goes =)

     
  • At 24/4/08 6:44 PM, Blogger Melanie said…

    I use to love to watch Battle Bots. That would be cool to cheer you on. Good luck with that and with your move and career change. Geez, I thought I was busy right now.

     
  • At 25/4/08 10:59 AM, Blogger Jude said…

    Wow, you ARE busy! Moving into the new house? :-)

    Keep us posted on the job thing Bill, lots of luck!

     
  • At 28/4/08 1:35 AM, Blogger Bill said…

    Did you happen to see or remember the Killer "B" bot? I was on that team. It went up against Shark Bite and punched a hole in the arena wall. I also had a bot of my own named Road Rage that didn't make it to the televised rounds, because it didn't have a weapon and it got beat on. Nevertheless, I won two rounds!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home