Monday, June 28, 2010

Some Like it Hot

The Air Conditioning in my home has not been working all season. Until today. It was hot today. I moved my office down to the basement for a number of reasons, not the least of which is that it is cooler down here. But it's really not very much underground, so it doesn't stay all that cool all summer long. And as of today, it has been starting to feel a tad warm down here.

But after running around in circles, trying to get the A/C company to respond, I finally got hold of someone who talked me through a couple of things, and we narrowed down what the problem was, and I fixed it myself. The house is now cooling off, the cats will be happier, and I can move out of the basement...if I want to. I like it down here - this is where all my stuff is, and the cats can't bother me. But my wife misses me (when she's home), and it is kind of lonely down here.

Apparently, bugs are attracted to the ozone, or something about high voltage contacts that spark when they snap open and close, because they like to hang out on the open contacts when the relay is open. Talk about debugging. I just had to clean the ants or spiders or earwigs or whatever was camping out in there, and now the compressor is running, and the house is cooling off. Yippie!

Oh, and I did a tiny bit of work on Questor yesterday. Mostly updating the checklist (which still has a long way to go), but progress nonetheless. I was also happy to open up an old box and discover my (wife's) long lost tee square ruler that I like so much - the 24-inch long one. They're not cheap. And I was also taken on a trip down memory lane when I opened a box of old model airplane plans - plans for planes I have, as well as for planes I've had (one, anyway).

I also have a HUGE amount of balsa wood in another box that I apparently consolidated from a number of other boxes at some point in the past. Looks like I better get busy building stuff!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home