Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Beautiful Days

July 4 was an absolutely beautiful day. Warm, but not hot (at least in the shade), and a perfect day to spend at the lake.

So that's exactly what I did.

A day at Englebright Lake

My wife and I rented a 17 foot utility boat for the day and just hung out at the lake. We spent most of the time in the boat, parked in one little shady cove or another, just hanging out and enjoying the day away from the daily grind. We had a nice picnic style lunch. She took a lot of pictures - which I haven't seen, yet - and also mysteriously spent quite some time taking close-up pictures of her own eyes. I guess she was trying to get a certain look. I'm not sure what it was all about, but it was good for some laughs.

I spent some time laying flat on the bottom of the boat (fortunately, my wife brought some nice cushions to lay on), as my back is still recovering. But the day on the lake was actually good for it, despite having to raise and lower the motor and moor the boat to shore, etc. The exercise - and the rest! - felt good, and I slept better that night than I have slept in a very long time.

It was a day to reflect on all that has come before me to make it possible to have the freedom to enjoy such a beautiful day. It was truly a memorable Independence Day - one I won't soon forget.

Oh, and before I forget, there's an update to the Questor project.

Happy days!

1 Comments:

  • At 10/7/10 8:54 AM, Blogger Jude said…

    Now that's pretty! And a lovely way to spend the day. I hope your back is improving Bill!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home