Thursday, July 03, 2008

Good Taste

Yesterday at lunch, the place where I work served sweet and sour chicken. I wasn't in the mood for it, so I grabbed a box lunch, instead: a club sandwich.

It was goo-ood!

Later, I ate a banana. It was good, too. But while I was eating the banana, I started thinking about all the things we eat. They're all things that are (or once were) alive. The wheat in the bread was grown, the banana was grown, the chicken that I didn't eat was once running around on a farm, and the meat in my club sandwich came from some animal(s), and the tomato and avocado were all grown somewhere.

Organic matter. Mmm.

As I was thinking about all these things I was eating, and all the things that get eaten, one final thought came to mind:

"When I go, I hope I taste good."

2 Comments:

  • At 6/7/08 5:45 AM, Blogger Tracey said…

    The sammie sounds good, but i'm not sure i'd be in the mood, ever, for a "Bill on toast" ;)

     
  • At 6/7/08 8:38 AM, Blogger Jude said…

    Nah, I think I like ya alive and well Bill! LOL

     

Post a Comment

<< Home