Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Land Quest

So, what does a 43-year-old unemployed software developer with no money do on the weekends? Why, look for land to buy!

I'm broke, but I can dream, can't I?

A couple weeks ago, my wife and I took a trip to Grass Valley, CA to look at land. We like the area aroud there, since it is kind of like the desert, but not quite as dry, and we wind up visiting the Yuba River there every year, so why not move there? It is a nice idea, and I hope we can actually do it some day. I'm tired of living in an apartment!

We didn't take a lot of pictures while we were out there, but we did look at quite a few parcels of land. Most of which we didn't like. But there were a couple of places that were great...but that we couldn't afford.

And then there was this one place. It was awesome. And it was our last stop of the day, because the sun was going down, and it was the furthest lot on our map. It didn't really fit what we were looking for, but if we wanted a view, it was great. I took some of the coolest sunset pictures I have ever seen - very surreal. Well, you can see for yourself!

click for larger image

Is that cool or what? That is un-touched, just as the camera took it (except that it is cropped). Click on it to see the full size version. I have other similar photos that are just as cool.

Here is a shot with some better contrast to get an idea of what the view was like from this lot. Keep in mind that pictures just don't capture the whole...picture.

click for larger image

Very quiet and peaceful and away from the hustle and bustle. I like that.

Anyway, we had a good time hanging out for the weekend. There was a nice hot tub at the hotel where we stayed, though it was too hot for me to get all the way into (I'm such a weenie). And the fall colors were kicking in. Here's a shot of Chris standing in front of a cool tree.

click for larger image

It looks like it is growing out of her back. I have one picture that kind of makes it look like it is a Vegas dancing girl costume or something.

Well, we didn't find any land to buy, but at least we now have a better idea about where we might want to buy it once we can. I don't want to wait too long before the land becomes completely unaffordable, much like it is in the populated areas. Chris is thinking about getting into Real Estate, and it sure would be nice if I could telecommute.

But like I said, I can dream.

4 Comments:

  • At 3/11/05 6:46 AM, Blogger Tracey said…

    Beautiful Bill! What a pretty area. I can almost feel the peace.

     
  • At 16/11/05 2:18 PM, Blogger Jude said…

    Bill!! I found you again!! LOL
    Just caught up on your last few posts, your kitties are so cute! And OMG that is one fabulous sunset!! It doesn't even look real, it's like someone painted it so perfectly.

    Glad I found you, I'll be back...I'm going to link you, okay??

    See ya over at O's......for more sheer fun. LOL

     
  • At 16/11/05 7:21 PM, Blogger Jude said…

    Oh yeah, and the music is FAB! Brings me right back to my teen years and listening to these guys constantly!

     
  • At 16/11/05 8:25 PM, Blogger Bill said…

    Linking is good. I've been meaning to add a few to my blog, too - just haven't gotten around to it.
    But that is the story of my life. I also wanted to start a blog about procrastination, but I just haven't gotten around to it, yet.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home