Thursday, November 17, 2005

The Calm After the Storm

The world is full of people. Over 5 billion of them. FIVE BILLION! It is amazing how isolated one can feel in this world at times, despite how many people are in it. And it is amazing how much of a difference just one or two can make in just one other person's life. Everything is relative.

I guess we all just need to hear that we're not alone from time to time. It is funny how one can begin to feel lonely even when living with someone. I guess that's what friends are for - to help balance that out.

Thanks to the readers of my blog (I know I have so few) who have offered their kind words and their friendship to me. It means a lot! Sorry if I brought anybody down. I promise to resume "normal" operations, shortly!

Well, maybe "normal" will resume after the holidays. There's a radio station here playing nothing but Christmas music already. All day. All the time. 24x7. Did I tear the wrong page from my calender? I thought this was NOVEMBER! Maybe I should call the request line and ask if they'll play Michael Jackson's Thriller. Or something from Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon album.

Ah, whatever. I'm not going to sweat the small stuff. Or listen to it, either.

3 Comments:

  • At 17/11/05 5:23 PM, Blogger Jude said…

    Oooh! Oooh! Yes play Thriller stuff! LOL I have to say Bill I LOVE the music you've been playing on here. It's so reminiscent for me.....

    **goes off into another time and space...WITHOUT drugs**

    I agree it's much too soon for 24/7 Christmas tunes yet. Maybe one week before Christmas, I would like that.

    Yup, it always takes just one or two people to make a difference in someone's life. Hell, even just a stranger smiling at me can change the course of my whole day!
    And Bill don't ever aplogize and feel you've upset anyone. It's the way you were feeling, that's all, that's it.

    Now have a good day, dammit. ;)

     
  • At 18/11/05 6:04 AM, Blogger Tracey said…

    Yeah, what Jude said! ;)

     
  • At 18/11/05 8:23 PM, Blogger Jude said…

    Hi Bill! Just buggin' ya.

    Don't worry, be happy! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home