Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Phlegm Buoyancy

My blogs seem so pointless. I usually try to keep a sense of humor, but I think that is a mask for the truth, lately. I write about nothing in order to protect those around me from my problems. I never want to burden anyone, and it seems I never ask for help. Even when I need it.

My life seems to lack purpose. I have lost interest in most things, and I just go day to day trying to get by until I die. I think of the universe and how vast it is. I don't even know where to begin - there are more GALAXIES out there than we can count, and there are millions of stars in each galaxy, and who knows how many millions (billions?) of planets and other material. And then there is this one little blue planet, sitting out near the edge of one spiral galaxy in an uninteresting, uneventful little corner, with but one moon in the sky at night. And on this planet are over 5 BILLION human beings. Millions of those people are on the Internet, looking for whatever it is they are looking for.

And then there's my blogs. My blogs about me...and other pointless topics.



I am but a speck on the face of the space-time continuum. A nobody in a great pool of planetary parasites. What do I matter? Sure, I suppose in the relative scheme of things, I matter to a few people...though I'm not sure why. And what is this life business all about, anyway? There just doesn't seem to be a point it. At least not to mine.

I have everything anyone could ever ask for, yet I am depressed and unhappy. I get irritated by people and things, and even about myself. Somewhere along the way, I changed from what was once an inquisitive, interested, hopeful kid to a miserable, cinical, depleated old ogre.

Ah, well. Phlegm floats, right?

Whatever that means. Life is weird. I just need to find a way out of this funk before I either start playing with explosives again, or wind up taping a bag over my head. Anyway, I just needed to get that out of my head - write it down somewhere - before I made a movie about my head exploding. Sometimes, just spitting it out helps make things look brighter. Sometimes, however, it just puts into perspective just how pathetic I can be.

God. Why couldn't I have won the lottery yesterday? $315 Million! I'm sure that would help a little. I would have plenty of money left over after buying my own burial plot to do...whatever. Maybe go bungee jumping from hot air balloons. Or maybe just buy a plot of land out in the middle of nowhere and build an underground house and just hide away in there. That way, I could die where I lived and nobody would have to bury me.

I want to be fed to the birds, anyway. Return my body to the Earth - none of this burial or cremation nonsense! Donate my organs and let the critters eat the rest. I've got to do SOMETHING to give back to this planet. I feel like such a leech. I eat food every day, yet all my bodily waste gets channeled down through a pipe instead of recycled back into the ecosystem. Don't even get me started on the whole garbage thing.

Anyway, I'm rabling now. I better stop before my wife gets home. Though I'm not sure why. Does anything really matter in the whole scheme of things?

15 Comments:

  • At 17/11/05 8:05 AM, Blogger Tracey said…

    Do the O-ettes need to come slap you around a bit Bill?

    I think we all go through periods in our lives where we think along these lines.

    This is the WORST time of year for people. It's like everyone is pushing the whole "happy family" image for holiday buying and no one seems to even think about the average person fighting to make ends meet.

    That screws with people mentally, emotionally, and financially. NOt a fun time of year.

    I can personally say that if you just disappeared I would truly miss your humor unique view point.

     
  • At 17/11/05 8:06 AM, Blogger Tracey said…

    whoops.....thats supposed to read "humor and unique point of view"

     
  • At 17/11/05 10:14 AM, Blogger Bill said…

    Thank you for the kind words! A very welcome good-morning to read. :)
    I wish I could say I feel this way because of the holiday season. It's a long story, but let's just say I'm not looking forward to the holidays...although I am going to visit my home town of Tucson over Thanksgiving, and I *am* looking forward to that. Perhaps this desert rat just needs a rejuvinating jaunt in the desert. I only wish it was the Monsoon season -- there's nothing like a good thunderstorm to get my juices flowing again.

     
  • At 17/11/05 12:49 PM, Blogger Tracey said…

    Thunderstorms and I don't mix. *ugh* But if that is what it takes to help you feel better i'll put my order into mother nature!

    In the meantime,if you ever need a sympathetic (if somewhat odd) ear/shoulder, please don't hesitate to holler, ok?

    Tracey

     
  • At 17/11/05 2:07 PM, Blogger Jude said…

    Hey Bill, Trace is so right, we all go through times when we have similar thoughts. I don't know what to say other than how reading your post made me feel so sad...for you because you feel so down and for those of us who have become your friends and we feel helpless to do anything to try to help over cyberspace.

    I understand when you said "it's a long story", so we don't know the is and outs of your feelings. Would talking to someone help?

    I am also sad because I feel I've made a really terrific friend in you online, and all the fun bantering while you were feeling this way, I hope hasn't made you feel worse in any way. Also, I'd miss it like hell if it stopped. I've really enjoyed blogging with you, and it's funny how just last night Trace and I mentioned that to each other.

    I hope that it means something to you that we are all here for you Bill, and I'm also putting in a good word or two with the weather man for you! Hugs, Jude

     
  • At 17/11/05 4:07 PM, Blogger Bill said…

    You have no idea how much your words help!! I'm sorry for dumping my crap on my blog, yet thrilled to know that there are wonderful people out there - like you - who care enough to consider a passerby like me to be a friend. Words are boundless and are unhindered by distance and are probably our most powerful tools, so don't think for a minute there's little or nothing you can do from there. You did more than you know! I guess I get to feeling so isolated and frustrated sometimes that it just helps to know that someone cares - even someone I've never met. And with that in mind, I am sure my subsequent blog posts will be chock full of twisted, obscure, pointless ramblings that will be far more entertaining. :)
    But if I do get down in the dumps again, it's good to know that when I start howling at the moon, there might actually be someone out there howling back.
    THANK YOU ALL!!

    P.S. Is it time to transition from being plegm buoyant to flamboyant?

     
  • At 17/11/05 4:21 PM, Blogger Jude said…

    Oh you betcha Bill, if you're up to it, you just KNOW we are too! ;)

    I'm so relieved and heartened to hear you say just venting to us helps.....believe me I know how that feels too. If you're ever feeling isolated, lonely, down in the dumps, angry, or whatever, you can bet Trace and I, and goodness knows who else, won't leave you a minute's peace! So blog away, Hacker Bill, and know that we'll be here for the good stuff and the bad both. Deal?

    Oh, but that doesn't mean that we will be "good" or anything on the Public O's Blog.....heh heh

    And by the way, thank you for visiting and commenting on my blog the other day, I smiled a big one when I saw your name there! :)

     
  • At 17/11/05 4:26 PM, Blogger Bill said…

    Hey, it's fun to visit other blogs to see what other people are up to. And about you being "good" or what not, you can feel free to let loose here. It's all good. Though I don't know if it is safe to give anyone posting privileges. ;)

     
  • At 17/11/05 4:27 PM, Blogger Bill said…

    So blog away, Hacker Bill, and know that we'll be here for the good stuff and the bad both. Deal?

    Oh yeah, by the way, I meant to mention that that is an AWESOME deal!

     
  • At 17/11/05 5:18 PM, Blogger Jude said…

    LOL! No, after Orion blog-tested us ladies, I should think you'd definitely WANT to stick to posting on your own!

    Glad it's a "deal" then.....and that is sealed with a cyber handshake. Oh, and another hug just for good measure!

     
  • At 18/11/05 6:08 AM, Blogger Tracey said…

    Jude beat me to it, but put my name on the line on that deal too!

    We worry about those we care about, and even though we've never seen you face to face, we have gotten to know you via your words.

    So if you ever feel like that again, you know who to call on. And don't be shy!!!!!

    ***huggs***

     
  • At 18/11/05 6:03 PM, Blogger Kate said…

    I've only been a blogger for a few weeks, but add me to the list of people who want very much to know if you're feeling badly and what we can do to help. I'd miss you if you disappeared into that underground house!

    And, as far as the lottery goes...how do you think I felt when that Robert Chaney guy won that big lottery in Oregon or thereabouts and my spouse is Robert Cheyney! Sheesh! Why couldn't they spell the name right, dammit! LOL

    Anyway, just know that even though we've not met in person, it makes no difference - like Jude and Tracey, I care what you think and hope you let us in on what you think on ANY topic!

     
  • At 18/11/05 6:08 PM, Blogger Jude said…

    AMEN LADIES!

     
  • At 20/11/05 5:09 AM, Blogger Bill said…

    ANY topic?

    You sure about that?

     
  • At 20/11/05 10:32 AM, Blogger Tracey said…

    One thing you should probably know by now, when it comes to Jude, Kate, and myself....there is NO taboo subject! ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home