Wednesday, December 28, 2005

What Year is This?

I need to find an audience for my Computer Circus blog. Got a couple new entries to add, soon.

Anyway, today I thought I'd do the end-of-year questionnaire thing. I will defer any references to my...ahem...Christmas experience for another time. But for now, you may ponder the following:

1) Was 2005 a good year for you?
Time will tell.

2) What was your favorite moment of the year?
Swimming in the Yuba River.

3) What was your least favorite moment of the year?
When the cops came to settle an argument. Although, it wasn't the cops that bothered me so much as the argument...or the neighbor who called the cops.

4) Where were you when 2005 began?
You're asking me about something that happened a year ago when I can't even remember if I fed the cats this morning?

5) Who were you with?
If I was with anybody, it had to have been my wife.

6) Where will you be when 2005 ends?
I have no idea. Probably at home either in bed or on the computer.

7) Who will you be with when 2005 ends?
Myself and the two cats. My wife will be in Indiana.

8) Did you keep your new years resolution of 2005?
My what?

9) Do you have a new years resolution for 2006?
My goal is to stop saying "I can't" and "I don't know" and, instead, say "I can" and "I'll find out."

10) Did you break up with anyone in 2005?
Almost. There were tough times that made me consider divorce. But oddly enough, we're now closer than ever. How does that happen?

11) Did you make any new friends in 2005?
A few nice people online while blog hopping.

12) Who is your favorite new friend?
Well, Kayla and Zoe if you count the cats. I don't play favorites.
They're all good.

13) What was your favorite month of 2005?
The warm one.

14) Did you travel outside of your country in 2005?
No. Thank the gods and the howling mutant space worms of Kwooda.
I hate to travel.

15) What different states did you travel to in 2005?
Define "states". States of mind? States of confusion? States of anxiety? I went to Arizona. And it's a pretty different state. I visited my home town and it was good. I miss the desert. I just don't miss the traveling part.

16) Did you lose anybody close to you in 2005?
Define "lose". I lost my wife a couple of times - once in a department store and once in a restaurant.

17) Did you miss anybody in the past year?
Define "miss". Never mind - I'll pass on that pun. Seriously, I miss my buddy Max, a cat that was truly a friend.

18) What was your favorite movie that you saw in 2005?
I might have a clue if I could remember what I saw. There was a cool Batman movie I saw not too long ago. And the Aviator. Then there was a cute movie, called something like Just Like Heaven. And when did Spiderman 2 come out? That was great in the theater. I have no sense of time, so I'm sure most of the movies I remember came out before 2005.

19) What was your favorite song from 2005?
Not a clue, but I'd probably know it if I heard it again...if I have one.

20) What was your favorite record from 2005?
Record? Do they still make records?

21) How many concerts did you see in 2005?
None. I'm not a concert-goer. I think I've seen two concerts in my life, and I can't remember what the first one was.

22) Did you have a favorite concert in 2005?
No. Should I?

23) Did you drink a lot of alcohol in 2005?
Not a drop. Never have. Probably never will. Why ask?

24) Did you do a lot of drugs in 2005?
What a strange question. Who would want to know, care to know, and why?
I don't do any kind of drugs and I never have - I'm even hard-pressed to
take medication, and have to be hurting pretty bad to even take an ibuprophen. Now I suppose you are going to ask me how much sex I have had. C'mon, people - there's more to life than sex, drugs and rock-n-roll. Just look up at the night sky and let your mind wander - no drugs required! There's an entire universe out there with countless interesting and fascinating places, most of which we'll never get to see. If you can imagine it, it is probably out there. Also, what's more trippy than taking an idea and bringing it into physical reality? Create something! The mind is an amazing thing if you let it be. Why distort it with drugs?

25) How many people did you sleep with in 2005?
Oh, now there's a surprising question. Dare I dignify it with an answer? I guess I will: One. And it's not such a lonely number if that "one" is somebody else.

26) Did you do anything you are ashamed of this year?
Absolutely.

27) What was the worst lie someone told you in 2005?
"The engine is good."
Or maybe it was, "the router works fine."

28) Did you treat somebody badly in 2005?
Yes, I admit it. But I'm not proud of it.

29) Did somebody treat you badly in 2005?
I think so. But there may be some disagreement there between the parties involved.

30) How much money did you spend in 2005?
What kind of a question is that? I don't have any money to spend. It all comes from my wife and goes to the landlord, the power company, the phone company, food, and gasoline. What did I miss?

31) What was your proudest moment of 2005?
Getting through this job interview yesterday. I think I nailed it!
We'll see.

32) What was your most embarrassing moment of 2005?
When I sneezed and my left eye popped out. Oh, wait - that wasn't me. Probably when I accidentally locked myself out of the apartment while wearing a dress. Oh, wait - that wasn't me, either. Hmm. I'm not sure - I don't embarrass easily (actually, I do, but it's too embarrassing to admit). I can't remember an embarrassing moment. Sorry. I just can't think of anything. This is so embarrassing. WAIT! OF COURSE!! HOW COULD I FORGET?! My most embarrassing moment was when I broke my hand by punching a door because I was PISSED at the computer.

33) If you could go back in time to any moment of 2005 and change something, what would it be?
I wouldn't punch the door.

34) The best thing that happened to you in 2005?
I'll never tell.

35) What are your plans for 2006?
Plans? Oh, geez - is it 2006 already? I'd like to invent something and make a lot of money so I can get off the damn computer.

5 Comments:

  • At 28/12/05 8:21 AM, Blogger Melanie said…

    Perhaps Orion and I need to teach you how to correctly punch things without breaking any bones, LOL!

    Interesting answers, Bill. I'm okay with you not going to any concerts, since these days you have to take out a second mortage on your house to pay for it. Geesh! Glad I have connections when it comes to my band on tour. Hubby would divorce me for sure.

     
  • At 28/12/05 10:05 AM, Blogger Jude said…

    You really broke your hand doing that? Yikes I bet you took an Ibuprofen that time!

    Hey good news about the interview.....hope you get the job Bill, fingers crossed! :)

     
  • At 28/12/05 4:36 PM, Blogger Bill said…

    Yep - I really broke it. You can see a picture of it in the April 2005 archive of the Computer Circus, or at http://www.codesmart.com/blog/images/brokenhand.jpg.

    Oooooo. Aaaaaaaa.

     
  • At 28/12/05 6:13 PM, Blogger Kate said…

    Did you hit a wall stud when you broke your hand? When my spouse was pissed 'cause one of the twins wouldn't go to sleep he slammed his hand into the wall...and missed the stud by millimeters. Never occurred to him until that moment in time that he could break his hand - but then, who thinks in the heat of anger?

    All successes on that interview! And, I'm looking forward to hearing about Christmas one of these days!

     
  • At 28/12/05 7:31 PM, Blogger Bill said…

    Actually, I punched a door - a solid wood door. I didn't know it was solid wood at the time - I thought it was a hollow metal door which would have at least flexed a little. But, like you said, who thinks when they're angry? It was a stressful occasion, and one that I am now reminded about every day by the ache in my hand. I still remember the "POP!" - it sounded like a small firecracker when it broke. Something had to give. I've never hit anything so hard in my life.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home