Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Hitting a Wall

I lie awake at night, tormenting myself with thoughts about how to design this airplane I am building, even though it is already partially built. I hate the design for the power connections to the tail (where they are located), and I am really not liking the four-bolt attachment idea anymore.

I thought of an idea that would greatly simplify the mounting of the tail to the tail boom, and solve the connector problem, but it means a radical change to the horizontal stabilizer, and I haven't been able to figure out exactly how to do it, and I don't know if it will equate to more weight, or less weight, than the four-bolt approach.

So now I'm kind of stuck. Which is kind of OK, since I haven't had a chance to even work on the thing over the past few days. The project is becoming not fun. It was supposed to be simple. I'm half tempted to forget the whole night flying aspect which has created all these ridiculous problems in the first place. Or, I might just go with the external lighting option, even though I've got lights already installed inside. Or maybe I'll just build a new NORMAL tail.

Somebody shoot me. Shoot me now.

Bang, bang!

I think I need to go back to doing some prototyping. If I write a book, it will be about how NOT to do things.

Ah, well, at least the car alarm isn't going off.

2 Comments:

  • At 28/9/06 4:47 PM, Blogger Jude said…

    Sounds like you've come to a stumbling point in your project Bill. I think every project worth doing has at least a couple of those. I'd say think on it a bit more before you make any decisions, you always come up with lightbulb moments!

    Good luck, I'm rootin' for ya.

     
  • At 29/9/06 5:28 AM, Blogger Tracey said…

    What Jude said, Bill. :)

    Maybe it's time to take a break, back off of it for a bit and find something else to cogitate on?

    Whatever you do, i'm sure in the end it'll all work out brilliantly :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home