Saturday, September 23, 2006

Project Updates

I have been busy today on the Questor project. I didn't think I would get to spend much (if any) time on it today, but as it turned out, I spent most of the day on it. And I made tremendous progress! Look for the development link on the project page.

I have also added a specifications page, which lists some of the design requirements for the aircraft. Right now, it is a disorganized list, though eventually I hope to group things more logically so that I can keep myself on track.

My wife is going on a business trip, beginning tomorrow afternoon, so I will have some free time in the evenings next week (YOU MEAN I CAN TURN THE STUPID TELEVISION OFF?! WOO HOO!!).

A while back, I sold a few of my model airplane engines that I wasn't using. Two of them I regretted selling, because they were engines that I had a lot of history with, and one of them flew for many, many hours on my first airplane that I ever built (and still have). That original airplane turned 24 years old, recently, and I have the itch to fly it again, but it has an engine on it that has been converted to diesel and that I am not very familiar with...and I just want my old airplane back, just the way it was.

The interesting part of this story is that I kept in touch with the guy I sold these two engines to (the one engine in particular). He is a collector and has nearly 500 engines. GEEZ!! I had not run my engines in years, and thought they were kind of worn out, but this guy took them and cleaned them up and said they ran great and that my original one had a lot of power.

That's when I began to feel regret that I had let them go. Both of those engines had a lot of sentimental value (I'm like that about things, especially things that last a long time). So, I decided to ask the guy if he would be willing to sell them back to me.

He was!

The engines arrived two days ago and are back in my sentimental little hands. The weather is supposed to be nice all week this week (in the 80s! WOO HOO!) and into next weekend (though you know how forecasts go - that could change tonight), so I'm thinking maybe I'll just slap that engine back on that old plane and go find a place to fly it next weekend.

What do you think? Should I do it?

2 Comments:

  • At 24/9/06 6:44 AM, Blogger Tracey said…

    I'd take the old plane out again. Whats the point of hanging on to it if you're not going to fly it?

    Go! Fly! Have fun!

     
  • At 25/9/06 8:33 AM, Blogger Jude said…

    Yes Bill I agree.... go fly! :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home