Sunday, October 01, 2006

Flying Time

I was going to fly this weekend. I really was. I bought some fuel and mounted the engine on my 24-year-old airplane and got it all ready to go.

And then the weekend came.

And it was overcast and cold. Too cold for this desert rat, anyway.

So I stayed home. But I made some good progress on the Questor project today. Woo hoo! I pretty much built the tail boom. Well, that is, it is no longer four sticks and a handful of ideas. I laminated some sticks together to make the two main boom sticks, then I joined them at the tail end, so it's all one unit. I've even got some wires hanging out, just waiting for a connector to be installed. But first, I need to do a considerable amount of work, yet, on the tail end to get the fin to fit in where it belongs and to provide an alternate connection point for electrical power.

It will be quite some time, however, before I get an update posted on the project pages. I was not following my checklist, because I was doing a lot of experimentation and inventing along the way, so I really had no checklist to follow. I've got another LONG, TIRING week ahead of me, so who knows when I'll get some time to post anything, but life is good again...and Questor WILL fly!

3 Comments:

  • At 2/10/06 7:39 AM, Blogger Tracey said…

    Good for you Bill! It's nice to read that you're feeling better about the Questor project.

     
  • At 5/10/06 4:51 PM, Blogger Jude said…

    Good on ya Bill! I hope your week isn't as bad as you inticipate. :-)

     
  • At 6/10/06 9:36 AM, Blogger Bill said…

    Oh, it hasn't been a bad week (until last night), but just a long, tiring one. I spent two 12-hour days at an AjaxWorld conference in Santa Clara. Learned a ton, though!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home