Saturday, February 10, 2007

Some Days Are Just That Way

What a shitty day.

Last night, our cat got out when my wife went out get something out of her car. I was feeling under the weather and it was raining, so we figured she wouldn't go far. She's gotten out before. She was last seen this morning by a neighbor around 8:00 in the morning, arguing with another cat - we forgot to let her back in before going to bed last night!

Now she's missing. I went to look for her around the back of the apartments and tried to step down on a fallen fence siding, and discovered the hard way that it was covered with wet moss. I went down hard and now, many hours later, my back and neck are killing me. And the cat is still missing.

Then my wife and I had an argument about something stupid, and she started having the pain in her gut that she sometimes gets and the doctors can't identify. This just added to her lingering disgust over the way Google treated her in a job interview last week (morons!). The only good news I got today was that our loan for the land has been approved.

It's still raining. I'm still not feeling well, and I'm in increasing pain. All I want to hear is a meow at the door, and then the day won't seem quite so bad. But I wonder if I'll even bother to get out of bed tomorrow.

UPDATE: The cat returned around 11:00 pm. I took some ibuprophen and went to bed soon thereafter.

4 Comments:

  • At 11/2/07 7:03 AM, Blogger NaBooS said…

    Sounds like a really rotten day Bill. Did you find your kitty yet?

    I hope you and your wife feel better quick! And congrats on the loan going through :)

     
  • At 13/2/07 6:16 PM, Blogger Melanie said…

    Glad you got your cat back. Hope you feel better soon! Congratulations on the land loan.

     
  • At 15/2/07 4:49 PM, Blogger Kate said…

    Congrats on the loan! And, I'm glad to hear the kitty returned safe and sound.

     
  • At 17/2/07 10:09 AM, Blogger Jude said…

    Good grief when it rains it DOES pour! Sure glad kitty came home Bill, and I hope your pain has subsided. I threw my back out last night just from turning the wrong way, ibuprofen helped some.

    Hope your weekend is good! Hey, where's the new blogskin????

     

Post a Comment

<< Home